In Year 1 of a Fellow’s appointment to the BMID Training Program , the program administration and Fellows meet to discuss the spotlight Fellow’s career goals, focusing on identifying the key questions and concerns the trainee has about this important decision.
In Year 2, the program administration invites guests to provide tailored advice to the spotlight Fellow in a virtual format.
All BMID Fellows and trainees from preceptor labs are invited to attend these career roundtables.
1. Dr. Jonathan Abraham, Harvard Medical School
2. Dr. Joseph Hyser, Baylor College of Medicine
3. Dr. Helen Lazear, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
4. Dr. Matthew Vogt, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
1. Dr. Malu Tansey worked at a biotech company after her postdoc, then held academic positions at UT Southwestern, Emory, and UF
2. Dr. Eain Murphy worked at Cleveland Clinic, then became the head of a small pharma, and then back to academia at Upstate
3. Dr. Malcolm Winkler began in academia, then worked at Eli Lilly and moved back to academia at Indiana University
Dr. Rasmussen discussed her fascinating career working at CDC for 20 years studying the genetics of birth defects to Zika virus to becoming the Deputy Director of the Influenza Coordination Unit and Acting Director of the Office of Public Health Preparedness and Response to Editor-in-Chief of CDC’s MMWR.
1. Dr. Emily Feldman, Senior Scientist II at Inscripta, Inc.
2. Dr. Brett Hoffman, Senior Scientist at Voyager Therapeutics
3. Dr. Whitney Bullard, Scientist I at Arcturus Therapeutics and Scientist III at Boehringer Ingelheim